View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:50 AM  
Almi
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Looking for breeders in the U.S.

Thanks Janice, that was extremely helpful. Like I said, before I was just breeding a litter here and there, and most of my hamsters at the time were special needs guys that I adopted, not breeders. (So I am used to having a lot of critters around, at least.)

Unfortunately, since I cannot find a breeder so far, I may have to resort to pet stores for now.

I do want to try to supply at least one of the two stores with hamsters, as I do think it's at least better than them ordering them from some hamster mill and supporting that. Btw, I did used to try and sell my litters personally, but due to my location I never had anyone that was interested, and I had no way to advertise. People around where I live would rather just go to a pet store or get one from Petco's adoption center, or pick up a free one on Craigslist.

As far as making money, maybe I will, maybe I won't. It's not too big of a deal. I'm going to go ahead and try it anyway, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But thank you for all of the wonderful insight, and please, if anyone can direct me to a breeder that is close to me/has what I'm looking for/ships, please do!
Almi is offline   Reply With Quote