View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 02:37 AM  
DoomSlave
Hamster Pup

Default Hamster died of eating a paper towel? :-(

Well first of all howdy do and I'm sorry this is such a long post.Alright so, I read a story online because I am a paranoid hamster mom and I research well into the night. The story was written by a girl who was saddened by the death of her hamster and felt it was all her fault. She had a syrian and she let it play on her desk. She said that when she was not looking her hamster quickly grabbed a viva paper towel and pouched about 2/3 of it and she couldn't get him to give it back. And she said that he wanted it for his nest but then she said that instead of using it for his nest, he must have ingested it. After that she said he tried to go to the bathroom but he could not. And she also said that the paper towel was still absorbing moisture because he was drinking excessive amounts of water after that. He died after ten days :'-(. I guess my question is, is this common? For a hamster to eat paper? I ask because I am making paper bedding for Gandalfenstein and I am paranoid now. The bedding has paper clumps kind of like carefresh, bits of cardboard, and bits of PAPER TOWEL!!! I don't want Gandalfenstein to be hurt because of my lack of research. What should I do. I also wanted to say that the author warned against the usage of paper bedding because it is not safe because of the reason her hamster passed.

Sorry about the long post, I just really want Gandalfenstein to be safe and I want any and all advice. Thanks y'all!