View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM  
Christmas_hamster
Adult Hamster

Default Re: What is the best dwarf hamster breed?

Well technically they're species, not breeds. And Chinese hamsters aren't a dwarf species (they belong to a different genus).

I've never had a Winter White before, because there are none around here. But I hear that they are similar to Russian Campbells, though they can be more vocal.
My RC dwarfs were always very friendly, some preferring to play on me while I have had some that enjoyed cuddling and grooming. They tend to be cage territorial in small cages, though the habit can carry on even when moved to an adequate sized cage. They are also prone to diabetes.
Robos are very fast, and often nervous species. They are so much fun to watch exploring though, and often present a nice challenge in trying to earn their trust.

I would make the ultimate choice, depending on the hamster that seems to be the 'right' one, and worry about the species later. It seems to work out nicely that way.
Christmas_hamster is offline   Reply With Quote