Thread: Hamster Story
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:46 AM  
Catja
Senior Hamster

Default Hamster Story

Getting back into hamsters now has reminded me of the hamster I had when I was 8, (more years ago than I care to remember!)

His name was Ginger and he used to love going around in his exercise ball but one night we realised we couldn't hear him anymore.

On closer inspection we found him, my mum had a sewing machine which was on the floor and draped over it was my school coat which she was going to mend later that night.

Ginger had managed to pull the lining of the coat through a hole in the end of his ball and was blissfully asleep on a bed of shredded coat lining when we found him! And I had to go to school with a large patch on my coat

My brother who has always had a way with animals had six hamsters over his childhood years - all females and all called skippy. Hence he would refer to Skippy one, Skippy two etc.

Somehow he managed to engineer it so that each one loved to sit in the breast pocket of his school shirt and he would spend hours at home doing other stuff whilst his hamster would happily sit in his pocket watching.

I have never been able to get any of my hamsters to do this!

Much later on when he was in his twenties, he had another hamster - and yes you guessed it, he called it Skippy!