Thread: Mapplewell show
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM  
souffle

The judge for dwarfs in the main show is Jean Tye who is very experienced with handling however for your first show and as your hammies are young it would be a good idea to enter them in pets first and then you can watch the main show and see what happens before deciding if you would like to try this. That way you can decide on the day if you want to enter pets where as in main show you have to enter in advance and also hire a show pen. I am not sure who the pet judge will be as it is usually decided on the day.
One thing about Mapplewell you should all note is that it is the AGM that day so most of the regulars and all members who attend will be expected to attend this which means there will be less people miling around to talk hammies and I do not think there is racing at this show. You must be a member to attend the AGM. You can still attend though and look at the hammies and enter pets no problem at the show.
If you enter main show you also have to arrive in time for the start of judging around 10.30am and cannot leave till the show is over usually around 4pm.
If you enter main show you must be a member to collect any trophies and points for your classes won. You do not have to be a member to enter though and can still win just not collect prizes!
You should persevere with your babies and keep up the taming and they will soon be fine with you. Check out the taming article in the articles section. We got our two the same day and they are nice and tame and happy to be handled now. (They don't seem to like each other however!!!!!) Argentes are often the more difficult to tame, something in their genes I think! Don't worry though they will get there soon.
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote