View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM  
rockstar11p
Hamster Pup

Default What i need to know about Winter White hamsters?

I currently have a female Syrian hamster named Jojo, that I adopted from a local rescue in October. She was the mommy of a litter of eight, and she is the sweetest thing ever. Recently, I have been looking into buying a set of dwarf hamsters, and I heard from several sources that Russian Dwarfs are more friendly towards humans and social with other hamsters. Is this true? Is there another dwarf breed that is more sociable? Here are some of my other questions:

-I live in america, so I have limited good quality cages. Jojo lives in a 20 gallon long aquarium, and is very happy. Would a 10 gallon aquarium be enough for a dwarf, would it be large enough for 2? What other cages could I get? ( budget of a 13 year old girl)

- Male or female? If I want friendlier hamsters, does gender contribute? Is there a better chance they will get along if I get 2? I already have a female hamster so I was thinking about getting 2 males. What do you think?

- What are some notable differences between syrians and dwarfs?

- Which is the best breed in your opinion? why?

- How large should their wheel be? ( other supplies as well)

- Do I need to get 2 of everything? or can some supplies be shared between 2 dwarfs?

- Any other information on dwarfs is very much appreciates

Thanks guys!
rockstar11p is offline   Reply With Quote