View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM  
Spuds Mum
Retired Moderator

Aaah well as to that, I cannot reassure you I'm afraid. I've always come home with at least one new hamster! Even on the Rotherham show this Sunday I am collecting a new boy from a breeder (and that is without even looking at the sale tables!!). I think the only thing you can do is have a strict talk to yourself before the show (hope it works better for you than for me ) but even if you do stray over to the sales tables, if you have something in mind or have special requirements, then you will get good advice, I've found that no-one will want you to just buy a hamster - any hamster. As an example, my daughter has recently become interested in our hobby and was interested in yellow-black hamsters. The club secretary happened to have some there for sale (very lucky) but gave advice that we were better to go for a yellow-black and a yellow if my daughter was planning to show them as yellow-black is not standard. She discussed breeding and possible outcomes and Rosie went away, with her new hamsters, but also with a vast amount of relevant info.
Enjoy your first show (and let us see the new hamster soon )