View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:45 PM  
Laurinha
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Really Tiny red bugs

Hi guys, thanks for all the answers.

I saw the pictures of red mites you have posted but they don't look exactly like that, at least not as I can see with only my eyes. I can't see legs, althought they walk and move around. The size is as tiny as a dot you can make on a paper touching a red pen on it. Really small.

All the hammys have it, the dwarfs and the syrian. Che has diarrea now but they are not scratching...

I 'm washing the cage everyday, threw away all the wood they had.

I live in a apartment on the 7th floor, I have no other animal but beside my building there's a big park, at the park they have all kinds of animals and birds and also chicken.
But isn't it weird that the mite would come all the way here??? I never took them to the park and they never got in touch with any other animal...

The good news I have is that I found a vet and friday night he is going to see my babies.
I'm getting sick worried but hopefully soon they'll be free of those nasty bugs.

I'm going to try to take a picture of the bug, but it's so small that I don't know if I can, but I will because maybe I could help someone identify their problem.

The other thing that I'm worried, is if that bugs could pass to me, to my hair and be like a human louse. I'm afraid they could get me sick either, so I don't know what to do to prevent that, I wash my hands all the time after I touch my babies and I'm paying attention to see if any of those bugs are walking on me...

Well, soon enough I'll come here to post news or pictures (If I'm able to take them) so you guys could know what will help my hammys.

Thanks you all for the help and support.

I'm sorry for the english mistakes, hope you can all understand what I'm saying.

Xoxo

Laura, Dito, Fidel and Che.

Last edited by Laurinha; 03-16-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: english mistakes
Laurinha is offline   Reply With Quote