View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM  
Christine Yule
Hamster Pup

I don't know where you are in Canada. I am in Ontario and those prices you gave are very high. You should phone around and try to find a Vet that is more reasonable. My Vet realizes that these are hamsters and not dogs and cats and horses. She knows that the prices have to be reasonable. She has suggested some treatments and operations that are very expensive but she always gives me an idea of how successful or unsuccessful it might be. Occassionally, we have opted to put the hamster down rather than spend hundreds of dollars on treatment that has only a slim chance of being successful.

I think that a good Vet will realize that if their prices are too high, then some people are just not going to bring the animals in for treatment and that certainly isn't looking out for the best interests of the animal and they aren't going to make any money, either. Hopefully, they will be willing to compromise a little.

Regardless, if Izzie lost her eye because of an injury and the infection seems to be all cleared up, then she should be fine. But, any hamster can have a serious health issue. Maybe you need to decide if you can afford to take care of her if she needs to go to the Vet in the future.

Hamstermama
Christine Yule is offline   Reply With Quote