View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 AM  
Holly
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default WW Toilet Habits!

Sparrow and Turner (eight week old WW brothers we've had since Sunday) have a very stinky cage!!

I'm not used to this, as our three Syrians, all started using one corner for peeing immediately and, once I'd realised which corner they were using, I gave them a hamster potty each, and they've never looked back.

Sparrow and Turner seem to be peeing..well...everywhere, really ...I noticed the smell the night before last and tried to find their chosen 'corner'....and found they've chosen about 6 corners! They are also peeing in all three 'nest' areas (as I've bought them two coconut nests, which they love, this could become unpleasant).

I'm guessing that they are very young and not yet able to choose a corner - or perhaps they are 'marking their territory" in a new cage and trying to make their beds smell familliar?

What should I do? I chose a corner for their new potty last night and cleaned out their sleeping areas, putting the smelly bedding into the potty and the non-smelly bedding back in the beds.

Is this the right thing to do? Are Dwarf hams harder to toilet train? I didn't actually have to do anything with our Syrians!
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote