View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 PM  
randy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: What's good to feed nursing mother

Babies are doing great, don't know exactly how many yet but I do know we have at least 2 black and 1 creamish/white color baby. Mother is doing great at protecting and caring for them, she is O.K. with us being around the cage/tank except when we start looking at the babies to much she'll crawl into her next and cover the glass with shavings and paper. One of the babies was out crawling/stumbling around yesterday so we got a full view of the little one, and when we noticed we had a different color one my kids were excited. I bought some tofu and wheat germ yesterday and will begin feeding these to the momma for more nutrition. I feel like a proud grandpa, my wife says I'm more excited about the whole thing than my children. I was wondering, I read that after 14-16 days when they get their fur that it is safe to carefully move the babies and mother to another tank or box and clean out the one they are in now is this correct? Also I had thought about putting them into a 20 gallon long tank until they are weaned.
randy is offline   Reply With Quote